Time to Hit RESET…Ultimate Reset
by Rochelle Griffin
Yesterday officially marked the end of week 1 and the beginning of week 2 of my Ultimate Reset. It has been quite a journey in only 7 days. Seriously. Granted, the journey DID occur mostly in a brain fog, but it has been amazing. Ok…well, to be honest, the first few days sucked. I was breaking a coffee addiction cold-turkey and wasn’t the most pleasant person to be around. Thankfully I was told that a divorce has never occurred due to Day One of Ultimate Reset, so I felt reassured.
My husband, Keith, is doing Ultimate Reset with me, so you can only imagine how it was to parent our “active” 10-year old while we are both in a fog. We were slugs. Other than cooking and dishes, not much was accomplished in our home. On Day 5, something crazy happened. The fog suddenly lifted, and I had this SURGE of energy. It was like I had 3 cups of coffee but without the jitters. I was like LET’S DO THIS! I actually got some work done. Then, as quickly as the energy came, it was GONE! Say what?!?!?! The fog returned, and I retreated to bed for a nap. Days 6 and 7 were better. I had more coherent moments and started to feel like myself again. It was definitely a roller-coaster.
Things I learned in Week One of my Ultimate Reset Journey:
- I CAN (and did) kick a major caffeine addiction.
- It IS possible for me to get a good night sleep without over-the-counter help. My sleep has improved 75%!
- I really like quinoa, rice cereal, tempeh, and vegetables as a whole. Who knew?!?!
- Ultimate Reset is NOT a starvation diet.
- I don’t need meat to be happy at meal.
- I’m not a fan of seaweed unless in Miso soup.
- I’m an emotional eater (ha…well, I KNEW that one.)
- You CAN burn your finger in the fridge. (It’s true. I did it.)
- Plastic DOES melt on a turned-off stove burner if the burner is still warm. (Blame Keith for that one.)
- Himalayan salt ROCKS!
- It IS ok to listen to your body and rest when needed.
- It IS ok to give your body a break from working out. I actually haven’t missed working out yet. Crazy, huh?
- I definitely needed Ultimate Reset to reset my body. Wow.
In addition, I lost 4.2 lbs and Keith lost 4.5 lbs. WOOT!
So now we continue into the great unknown of Week TWO of the Ultimate Reset! I’m excited to see where this journey leads us.
Share what you have learned from your week one ultimate reset journey in the comments below.
A Toast to Your Health,
Rochelle Griffin is Registered Nurse with over 20 years experience who has transitioned her love forfitness, health, & freedom into a 6-figure company that now helps others live the life of their dreams.
PS. If you found this post to be of any value to you, please SHARE it below!