5 Tips in Taming Food Temptations
by Rochelle Griffin
Have you ever resolved to lose weight and eat healthy, but you find that the junk food somehow makes its way back into your home? Maybe it’s not you but someone else whose has brought it in. Regardless of who purchased it, it’s there……calling your name. While this may have never happened to you (wink wink,) I assure you that it’s happened to me. Food temptations are nothing to ignore because the power that they have is crazy strong.
So how can you make sure that your house is temptation-proof when you want to be healthy? I’m going to share 5 simple tips with you that I personally use so that you can stay on track.
- Once a month, go through the cupboards and fridge. Toss anything that is unhealthy and opened out. Yep, completely out!
- If you’ve found food that is unhealthy and unopened, consider donating it to a food bank, neighbor or friend.
- Talk to the other folks in the house and let them know that unhealthy food is not on your list and you need their support. If they aren’t able to comply with your request, keep a separate drawer, shelf, etc just for them. This is completely off limits to you! (My son loves having his own space in the kitchen.)
- When grocery shopping, stay within the outer perimeter of the store. This is where the healthy stuff is. If you walk down the chip aisle, you may be tempted to grab a bag.
- If you do get anything less than healthy, particularly the snack items, be sure to have ziplock sandwich bags on hand. As soon as you’re home, go ahead and divide your snacks into portions suggested on the nutritional label.
- Tempted to eat and it’s not time? Find something else to do. Go for a walk, phone a friend, read a book. You get the picture.
To Living Your Best Life,
Rochelle Griffin, RN BSN FDN-P
Rochelle Griffin, The Wellness Detective™, is a Registered Nurse (with over 22 years experience) & a Functional Diagnostic Nutrition™ Practitioner who has transitioned her love for fitness, health, & freedom into a 7-figure International company that now helps others live Their Best Life.
She founded Your Best Life, Inc with her husband Keith after stepping onto the edge of physical ruin with her health & the health of their young son. Having experienced a complete turn-around, they now desire to give hope & support to those who are dissatisfied with their current situation.
PS. If you found this post to be of any value to you, please COMMENT below!