Sweet-&-Sour Chicken Drumsticks
Author: Rochelle Griffin
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- ¼ cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar, divided
- ½ sea teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 8 chicken drumsticks, (about 2 pounds), skin removed, trimmed
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat grill to medium.
- To prepare dipping sauce, combine orange zest, orange juice, water, honey, 1 tablespoon vinegar, ¼ teaspoon salt and coriander in a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Whisk cornstarch and the remaining 1 teaspoon vinegar in a small bowl until smooth. Add to the saucepan and return to a boil, whisking until thickened, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Stir in mint.
- Sprinkle drumsticks with the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Oil the grill rack.
- Grill the drumsticks until crispy on all sides and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165°F, about 15 minutes total.
- Serve the drumsticks with the dipping sauce on the side.
Calories: 254 Fat: 8 Carbohydrates: 16 Sugar: 12 Sodium: 389 Fiber: 1 Protein: 29