But I Don’t Want a “Beach Body”
by Rochelle Griffin
Have you ever felt intimidated by those who have “beach bodies?” You know them…the six-pack abs, the shapely arms, the lifted tush? Especially in today’s social media culture, we see them constantly online even in the dead of winter.
But what happens if you just:
- want to lower your blood pressure?
- want to be able to shop in a store without having to go to the plus-size department?
- want to add years to your life so you can play with your kids, see them graduate, and be at their wedding?
- don’t give a rat’s arse about having 6-pack abs or wearing a bikini?
I come from a family plagued by morbid obesity, so I understand what it means to simply want to live better and longer. I also understand how it can be difficult when it feels that others may not fully support you. They think you should lose 50 or 100 lbs and “go for it” when in reality, you simply want to lose 20 lbs and lower your blood pressure like my client, Kathy did. Kathy is a Real Woman making Real Changes. I was blessed to spend some quality time with her this past weekend. She made me realize that there are so many people in our communities who feel as though they have fallen through the cracks by society’s ideals.
I’m here to shout from the rooftops…NO MORE…even if I have to do this as a one-woman show!! NO MORE allowing people to feel like second-rate citizens because of their physicality.
If you are able to identify in some way with what I’m saying, I want to give you 3 steps to move you in the right direction…regardless of how much weight you need to lose.
1. Find support from someone who is a good fit for you. This is so very important. I recommend finding a health & fitness coach who will support YOUR goals…not their agenda for you. You must have a trusting relationship to be able to fully commit and allow your coach to support you. I would be honored to be that person. You can partner with me here. This will allow me to add you to my secret Facebook support group, Power Starters.
2. Exercise 5-6 days per week. Yes, even if you don’t want a beach body, you still must move your body. We are talking about cardiovascular health here. You can walk or pick a low-impact workout program to do in the comfort of your home. This will help you shed weight, lower your blood pressure, and reduce your risk of diabetes.
3. Drink Shakeology every single day. This is truly a non-negotiable for me. No, I’m not pitching you here. If you do your homework, you will see why I stand behind Shakeology 100% and have my entire family drinking it. It will help you lose weight, give you energy and stamina, plus provide you with the most amazing whole food nutrients that you can’t get anywhere else in a shake like this.
If you will do these 3 simple steps, you will begin to see positive changes in your life. I promise. It’s ok that not everyone wants a “Beach Body.” People come in all shapes and sizes, so don’t ever let anyone dictate to you what the ideal is. We want the end result to be that you feel good, that you are healthy, that you have a positive self-esteem, and that you are happy. While only you can make the decision to take these steps, I will be there to support you every step of the way if you will allow me to.
Again, Join now and let’s start this journey together.
To Living Your Best Life,
Rochelle Griffin, RN BSN FDN-P
Rochelle Griffin, The Wellness Detective™, is a Registered Nurse (with over 22 years experience) & a Functional Diagnostic Nutrition™ Practitioner who has transitioned her love for fitness, health, & freedom into a 7-figure International company that now helps others live Their Best Life.
She founded Your Best Life, Inc with her husband Keith after stepping onto the edge of physical ruin with her health & the health of their young son. Having experienced a complete turn-around, they now desire to give hope & support to those who are dissatisfied with their current situation.
PS. If you found this post to be of any value to you, please COMMENT below!