If you’ve been following my blog, you’ve seen me share many times that watching calories is crucial to weight loss. And guess what!?! It still is.
If you aren’t already counting calories, here is what I want you to do.
1. Find a calorie tracking program and create an account. I use myfitnesspal.com.
2. Determine what your weight loss goal is.
3. Determine how many calories you will need to consume each day. (Need help with this, contact me and I will help.)
4. Start entering in anything that you have consumed for the day.
5. Enter in an activity that you participated for the day.
6. Use this program each and every day!
When you have a deficit between your activity and what you eat, you’ll start seeing the scale move.
As you’re planning your meals, you’ll want each meal to contain a 40% carb ratio, a 30% protein ratio and a 30% fat ratio. You will also want to replace processed foods with low density, high fiber foods whenever possible. One thing I suggest is picking foods from Michi’s Ladder. The closer to the top of this guide, the better results you’ll have. No matter how much you workout, if you don’t make smarter food choices, you won’t get optimum results.