Over the last year, I’ve had the pleasure of being able to go to places all over the country and even some parts of the world. I’ve stayed with friends, in hotels and even a cruise ship. I’ve had to live out of a suitcase but it hasn’t kept me from reaching my health and fitness goals. I’ve made sure that when I travel, I plan to live healthy all WHILE enjoying life (including some red wine…just saying.)
Here are some of my tips that I want to pass along to you if you have up and coming travel on your agenda.
– Keep hydrated. Make sure that you are drinking plenty of water. Traveling is so DEhydrating so drink up!
– Continue to exercise. Go hiking, bike riding, roller blading, use the hotel gym or download this workout.
Make it fun!
– Start your day with Shakeology. You’ll give yourself a little boost to start your day off right.
– Get enough sleep. Yep, 7-8 hours is what you need each and every night!
– Go grocery shopping. If you weren’t able to pack snacks or meals, you can typically find a local store that will carry the local staples of your meal plan. You can eat healthy and stay on track by stocking the mini-fridge.
One of the best things about following these tips is that when you return back home, you’ve not experienced a set back and feel like you’re starting all over. You’ve stay on track. Here is a word of advice, however…STAY OFF THE SCALE for at 3 days. Traveling…particularly air travel…can cause you to retain water. Let your body adjust back to normal.
What are some tips that you can share for those that travel?